Monday, November 18, 2013

Review: Maybelline Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner in Black

Hey guys. I haven't blogged in quite some time because of my very busy school and work life, but I'm going to try to fit it into my schedule more regularly. Anyways, onto the review. Spoiler alert: I love this eyeliner.

Maybelline makes a few claims about this liner (found on the back of the cardboard packaging):

  1. Ultra thin O.4mm brush tip
  2. Continuous flow for smooth, even lines
  3. Ink pigment technology gives super saturated color
  4. Safe for sensitive eyes

I was blown away by how this product actually lived up to all the claims it made. I've been pretty disappointed lately with my search for the perfect drugstore liner (I'm looking at you, Jordana Easyliner and Milani Eye Tech Extreme).

I have no clue if the tip is really 0.4mm--but I found it to be super thin, allowing me to create a thin line on the inner corner of my eye easily, and a nice precise wing.





This liner glides on smoothly and has a very nice continuous flow of product. The color is a deep inky black that dries to a satin finish--not shiny by any means but not totally matte either. This eyeliner is not waterproof, but it's very smudge resistant and lasted all day for me (My makeup has been on for about 8 hours today and we're still goin' strong, baby). Here's how it looks on my eyeballs:








 I can't comment on how long this liner with last--I've only had it for a week, but it's friggin' awesome and I'm really pleased that I purchased this liner. Nice one, Maybelline. I'd highly recommend you give it a shot if you love felt tip/pen style liquid liners!

5 comments:

  1. Great review, I really enjoyed reading it.

    However, the one problem I have with this liner is that it dries out relatively quickly. Usually in about 3 weeks for me. But the darkness and precision are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I hope I don't have the same problem with mine! Fingers are crossed. Just curious, how did you store your liner? Supposedly horizontal is best. Glad you like the review :)

      Delete
    2. I have actually had the most luck with storing it pen side down. Or ahem, laying horizontally on my vanity because I'm too lazy to put it away. But yeah, I hope yours doesn't dry out too :(

      Delete
  2. Wow you have completely mastered the cat eye. Color me jealous! This liner looks awesome.

    SimplySkinDeepBeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's taken years of practice, trust me.

      Delete