Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Lipsticks

The shades I own are Mauve Outta Here, Smokin' Hot Pink, and Stoplight Red. These lipsticks are matte and long wearing. They are very pigmented and beautiful colors, although slightly drying. I'd suggest wearing lip balm as a base for these!


Packaging: Probably my least favorite thing about this product. The lipsticks don't retract fully into the tube, so you have to be careful with the cap. I've nicked all of these lipsticks on the cap taking it off for the first time, causing the lipstick to smudge and smear on the edges of the lid.

Wear time: These shades really seem to cling to my lips and not let go, which I love. Mauve Outta Here is the least long-lasting of the three, but I still get a good 4 hours with this. The last two (Smokin' Hot Pink and Stoplight Red) have fantastic staying power, 6 or more hours with minimal fading. They seem to have a staining effect on the lips, and the matte formula does not budge (but they aren't uncomfortable or way too drying). Love it!

Pigmentation: Can you tell I love pigmented products? The swatches below are one swipe of lipstick. These babies are bold, vivid, and gorgeous! Exactly as they appear in the tube.


Mauve Outta Here, Smokin' Hot Pink, Stoplight Red

Here are some swatches of these on my lips. I love them all but I definitely wear Mauve Outta Here the most, it's bold but more wearable than the other two in my opinion. It also looks great blotted for a lighter shade.




Finally, I wanted to share a close up of my eye makeup, also using Wet 'n' Wild. I used the 'eyelid' shade from the Walking on Eggshells trio all over my lid with Milani Shadoweyes in Champagne Toast as a base. I also used the Wet 'n' Wild Nude Awakening 8-pan palette: the right column 'crease' in my crease, 'definer' in the outer corner, and 'browbone' above my crease. Hope you like it! :)


2 comments:

  1. I own Smokin' Hot Pink and LOVE it! Especially the matte finish, so beautiful for a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might just have to go out and buy these. I always do one of those "pick up, put back, pick up, put back" mostly because of the packaging. But they look gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete