Sunday, November 24, 2013

FOTD and Review: Soft Purple Using Wet 'n' Wild Lust Palette

In case you were not aware, I am pretty much obsessed with Wet 'n Wild's eyeshadows. They are smooth, pigmented, buttery and overall a dream to use! My favorite palettes are the 8-pan Comfort Zone Palette, and trios in Silent Treatment, Walking on Eggshells, and I'm Getting Sunburned.

I want to preface this by saying that I'm sorry for gushing about a discontinued palette, I really am. But I love it so much I have to review it! When I saw the discontinued Lust Palette on the r/makeupexchange subreddit on reddit.com, I jumped on that sucker like a crazy cat lady on some blue eyeshadow. I was so excited when it arrived, and the quality is completely on par with the rest of their shadows! The colors in the palette are gorgeous. I am a huge sucker for purple eyeshadows in general, but I love all these shades.


Here's the palette closed...



...and open.


The first row includes a matte very pale pink, matte warm purple with reddish tones, and a matte deep eggplant with a brown hue. These mattes are all very pigmented and easy to blend.

The second row features a matte light cream with pieces of glitter. I don't understand this combination, and I'd much prefer a plain matte eyeshadow. But, it's still lovely on the inner corner of the eyes and very pigmented.

The next shade is a metallic shimmery gunmetal grey with a slight greenish/teal duochrome. It's absolutely gorgeous. The last color is a dark brown shimmer with pink glitter. I feel like this particular shade is one Wet 'n' Wild includes in many of their trios and 8-pan palettes. There's a similar dark brown with glitter in I'm Getting Sunburned and Comfort Zone.

Swatched in the same order mentioned---light pink, purple, eggplant, cream, gunmetal, and deep brown. Swatches are with no primer, just the eyeshadows on my bare skin. I build up the two lightest shades a little because they are both very close to my skin tone!






Close up because LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUS COLOR! Swoon.



Here's the eye look I created using the  purples in this palette. I'm also wearing my MAC Impeccable brow pencil in Dirty Blonde, Maybelline master precise ink pen in Black, and Almay one coat triple effect mascara in Black. I also added the light matte cream with glitter on the inner corner for a highlight. I highlighted my brow with my Maybelline cover stick in white before applying eyeshadow.





Final Thoughts: This is another great little palette from Wet 'n' Wild. I heard on Nouveau Cheap that some of Wet 'n' Wild's discontinued palettes have been popping up again in certain drugstores like Rite Aid. I hope they pop up in my area!

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving that purple colour. It's such a shame that it's discontinued.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are so pigmented! Too bad they don't sell wet n wild where i live, because they sound like great eyeshadows :)

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are lovely and look really gorgeous on you.
    x

    perksofbeingamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete