Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Femme Fatale Cosmetics Swatches

A few things have happened since I last updated this blog a year ago--the main thing being my complete obsession with indie makeup. Thankfully, it still fits perfectly with the fabulously cheap theme! I hope to bring you guys some more swatches and reviews in the near future (when I'm not freaking out about school.)

When Femme Fatale announced they would no longer be selling samples, I went a little crazy and bought a ton. I've been sitting on these for about a month now, and I finally got around to swatching. After placing my order, I received an email from the owner letting me know that they were waiting on a shipment of ingredients for Secret Shiny, and would I like to choose a replacement sample, or wait for the ingredients to come in? I happily replied that I would wait, since it was one of the shades I was looking forward to the most. Sophie generously gave me a bunch of extra samples to make up for the wait. A+ for customer service!

I really love most of the shades, but there were a few disappointments in the bunch. I'll go into more detail later. Everything is swatched over Darling Girl's Primped and Primed eye primer. Enough rambling, show me the duochrome!



Royal Tarts: Reddish mauve with gold sheen. Put a gold sheen on any shadow and I'll probably like it. The duochrome is subtle but it's definitely there. I can see myself getting a full size of this, it's so soft and girly.


 Divinity: Soft lilac with a pinky-golden sheen. This one is a stunner. I will be needing this in a full size. It's just DIVINE (hur hur hurrr!)

 



 Wildvine: Pretty light brown with a pale green shift.This color is beautiful, but I was expecting a stronger shift based on the website photo. I'm not sure if I need a full size just yet.





 Secret Shiny: Cool light purple with a bright yellow duochrome. Unnnfffff. Goddamn, I love this one. I want to bathe in this. This is easily the most unique eyeshadow I own.

 


Faerie Fire: Pinky-purple with light green shimmer. This color wasn't as awesome as I'd hoped it would be. It seems to have a matte base, and when you try to blend the shimmer overlay kind of disappears. It's still a very pretty shadow, just not my favorite. I won't be getting a full size.


 Candied Apple: Medium reddish brown with pale green sheen. This is probably one of Femme Fatale's most popular shades, and I can definitely see why. It's just beautiful! Look at that duochrome. I'll be grabbing a full size next time I order.


 


 Space Cow: Grayish-purple with a pink sheen. This one reminds me of Notoriously Morbid Forgotten Dreams, but I like Forgotten Dreams a lot more. This is a nice shadow that applied well, it just didn't wow me.


 Star's Sorrow: Vivid purple with blue sparkles.This was probably the most disappointing shade in the bunch. The formula is similar to Faerie Fire with the matte base, and I had the same problem with application. I tried to add extra layers on top but it kept getting patchy and weird.





 Frostfire: Navy blue with prominently red shimmer, but also rainbow sparkles. This is lovely and perfectly named. I might grab a full size, even though I don't use a lot of blue eyeshadow.


Jinx: Blurple with pinkish-red shimmer. Sorry this picture turned out so crappy :( This one did not want to be photographed, but there is a noticeable reddish duochrome in person. This shadow is more purple and shimmery than Frostfire, which is more of a straight-up sparklebomb. I like this color but I don't need a full size.


 Nightlash: Deep magenta with orange-gold sparkle. This is another favorite and it's so gorgeous in person! I definitely want a full size.




 Dispersion: Rich red-brown with blue duochrome and sparkles! This shadow is breathtaking. It's like Candied Apple's sexy older sister. Another full size contender.






 Phew! There you have it. There were a few misses, but for the most part I really enjoyed my order. I hope you enjoyed these swatches! Keep an eye out for part two, because there are still more samples I couldn't fit in this post. Thanks for looking!





No comments:

Post a Comment